Have a Clean Home by Thanksgiving
We all love the holidays and we all dread the holidays! Why? Because the in-laws are coming and if you’re like me Thanksgiving is at your home.
You are the host, now what?
Time to prep your home. I usually start about 4 weeks out doing deep cleaning on different sections of my home.
Must-haves to prep for this cleaning; Dawn dish soap, microfiber towels, mop and mop heads, vacuum, All-Purpose, PH Neutral floor cleaner, bathroom cleaner and a Magic eraser.
Tips to help you through the process of cleaning for the holidays.
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Do a little every day to make sure you stay on task.
- Don’t be afraid to get the family involved! as a matter of fact, this is a must. Children as young as 5 years old can help with cleaning. Example: Toy clean up and carrying small baskets of items to designated rooms.
- Start at least a minimum of 2 weeks ahead.
- Do one room at a time.
- If you struggle with trying to get started just start with removing all trash and items that do not belong.
- Don’t be afraid to bag up donations and drop off or ask for a pick-up. This is a perfect time.
- Try to do as much cleaning as you can before Thanksgiving so that all you are doing is a light pick-up.
- Don’t be afraid to get a cleaning service if you just are too overwhelmed to come in a few times over the holidays.
- Use my checklist to do your clean-up.